Junior Digital Designer / Full Time / Paid
We're looking for a passionate Junior Designer to join our award-winning London-based digital creative agency. We're a close-knit team of 23 specialising in producing outstanding websites across a range of sectors.
As this is a Junior role we require no previous experience, just a great portfolio that demonstrates creativity and a detail focussed approach. Any work placements or client experience is a bonus.
• You have excellent design software skills and a strong understanding of what looks good and why. You understand in detail how websites work and the implications this can have on your designs.
• You initiate regular, clear communication with senior designers and project managers regarding briefs, feedback and workload. You have intermittent direct contact with clients when it is seen as beneficial or necessary.
• You are able to present your designs internally and rationalise your choices and decisions in an engaging and compelling manner.
• You are brimming with creative ideas and have a strong technical understanding of whether or not they will be possible to implement. You actively look to suggest ideas and push boundaries where appropriate to do so.
• You are expected to produce work efficiently and to a very high standard. The quality of your final output is the ultimate responsibility of the more senior members of the design team and the Creative Director, who between them must always provide approval of your work before it is sent to the Project Manager. The Creative Director will pinpoint any occasions where this isn’t felt to be necessary.
• You work collaboratively and welcome constructive feedback from various members of the team. You are able to focus and work efficiently in isolation when needed, whilst still utilising the support and advice of more senior team members.
It is second-nature for you to communicate with the wider team to find tasks to work on if there is nothing immediately obvious on your to-do list.
• You slot seamlessly into the dynamic of our small, close-knit team. You have a close working relationship with members of the wider team and look to foster a strong sense of friendship and community wherever possible.
• Primary creative tasks include the design of websites, brands, e-newsletters, printed marketing materials and any other assets required by our clients
• Validation of websites
• Updating The Web Kitchen website with case studies of our latest work
• Helping with uploading website content via WordPress
Suggesting creative ideas and initiatives beyond your day-to-day role
The Web Kitchen is a friendly and flexible place to work. There are a number of benefits available to the team, including:
• 4% contributions to your pension through our pension scheme
Weekly socials on Friday afternoons
• Regular team away days, in the past we’ve been to Brighton, Hastings and Valencia!
• Flexible working hours within the parameters of the 40-hour working week
• A flexible approach to home-working
• A cycle-to-work scheme
We are also acutely aware of our impact on the world and therefore:
• Are a climate positive business through our tree planting scheme with Ecologi: https://ecologi.com/thewebkitchen
• Gift 2% of new project revenue to feed hungry children in schools through our partnership with Mary’s Meals: https://www.marysmeals.org.uk/
• Strong understanding of Sketch/Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is essential
• Basic video editing and animation skills are preferred but not essential
Send: CV/Resume, Folio
Want to win some amazing prizes and stay in the loop with all things Shillington? Sign up to our newsletter to automatically go in the draw.